This year’s event will focus on the latest literacy research for English language learners and for best ways to develop nonfiction literacy in the field of science. Other sessions include:
- Building academic vocabulary
- Best use of nonfiction reading and writing workshops for both mainstream and learning disabled students
- Literacy coaching
- Special report from the Carnegie Corporation of New York about Reading Next
- And more!
Presenters this year include LINDA HOYT, LOUIS AND KIMBERLEY GOMEZ, DEBORAH SHORT, ALFRED TATUM, and many more. Ample time will be given to Q & A, as well as discussing your district or school’s specific needs with our resident experts.
We will also be organizing some optional tours or DC this year, to help you “discover DC” as you learn cutting edge practices in nonfiction literacy.
- Registration fees for the Institute this year will be:
- $300 Early Bird Registration (on or before May 31, 2007)
- $365 Regular Registration (after May 31, 2007)
Registration includes all sessions, panels, and small group discussions, as well as afternoon snack and networking reception on Wednesday, July 11; breakfast. Lunch and a.m. and p.m. break snacks on Thursday, July 12, and breakfast and box lunch on Friday, July 13. All attendees will of receive copies of all speaker handouts, which will also be accessible on our Literacy Institute Web site after the event.
And, as always, attendees will receive a 15% discount on all purchase at the National Geographic Store by just showing their badges!
Online Registration will begin March 15, 2007. Click here to download a PDF of the registration.
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com
And sign up for email updates on the navigation bar to the left.